We are so excited to welcome Dr. Jim Johnston as our new Senior Pastor. Here are the many reasons we feel so blessed to have Jim ministering to us.
- Jim is a shepherd, teacher, and leader who focuses on expository preaching. He leads and trains others in this area through his participation in the Simeon Trust and The Gospel Coalition. He holds strongly to his theology, but does so with grace.
- We feel that his background and training throughout his ministry are a strong fit for the culture and emphasis that we have at Camelback of being a family on a mission for the glory of God, extending the love of Christ for the renewal of all things – including the Family, the Workplace, the Mind, and the Arts.
- Jim comes from a heritage of Christian ministry and missions that aligns with Camelback’s values. Jim’s own parents were missionaries in France and we were encouraged to find the connection of Jim’s relatives – Rod and Fran Johnston who served as Camelback missionaries in France in the past.
- We see a strong, loving, Christ-centered relationship with his wife, Lisa, that is displayed in great affection towards their four children.
- He comes with practical experience leading a church body of similar size.
- We see an intentional approach to the building up and development of the pastors and staff.
- Jim has an appreciation for and commitment to both Contemporary and Traditional worship service formats as distinct and valued cultural languages that attach the Word of God to our hearts in unique ways.