If you are reading this then you are either plugged into the body of Christ at Camelback Bible or God is preparing your heart to serve through the pouring out of your gifts, your time, and your treasure. We are a family on a mission for the glory of God, moving in a direction that centers on Christ for His glory alone and with a focus on all church activities working in concert together.
The ministry of Camelback Bible is on a great track.
- Our small groups have increased by seven this year for a total of 23 small groups and 5 book studies.
- Join the Conversation, a gathering for 20 and 30 year olds, was launched and meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month.
- Saints Alive, our ministry for seniors, has relaunched.
- The Person-to-Person biblical counseling ministry is bearing fruit and new counselors are being trained.
- Local and International Missions have a new plan and new leadership.
- We are living out our mission statement by addressing the areas of ministry that Camelback Bible is especially gifted for – the mind, the workplace, the family, and the arts – through events and studies such as the Create-A-Thon, numerous on-campus Bible study groups, and numerous events to strengthen and serve our families.
- The teaching of children and youth is deeper and more relational than ever.
- Each sermon series has been more intentional and planned.
- Sermon questions emailed and online gives a follow-up producing a deeper interaction with the sermon for the week to follow.
- A stewardship team that Christ has brought together continues to offer great depth in leadership and experience.
Camelback School for the Arts growth in students (48) and teachers allows us more opportunity to reach those in the community and redeem the arts for Christ’s sake.
The business of the church is on a better foundation.
- The campus preservation plan is completed with a new 501c3 holding the property and an LLC in place for Camelback Christian School.
- A new fiscal year now matches all entities for better accounting controls.
- New accounting reports offer better internal reviews.
- A new remodel vision for the campus will steward what we currently have in property, buildings, and money.
- We have a highly effective staff with a family atmosphere.
- Communications have improved with significant changes to the bulletin, website, and with our new Connect magazine.
- Our hospitality ministry is greatly improved with the Ambassadors and other improvements to our hospitality ministries.
- A staffing plan was developed to plan for a cohesive team that addresses the needs of our body.
- We are blessed with an effective elder board who lead through and in Jesus Christ.
We look ahead to a future with ministries strong in leadership and volunteers, a campus remodel that accommodates activities 7 days a week including conferences (marriage, Gospel Coalition, and others), open patio space with wifi for all visiting our campus to enjoy – both guests and members alike, and video capture of lectures, sermons, and music to post online and link to emails. In all of these plans, we continue to look to God for His guidance and strength as He uses us to carry out His purposes.
Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need. – Malachi 3:10
Written by John Corpstein - Website
For much of his adult life, John was a businessman. A few years ago, God called John to walk away from business and enter full-time training for pastoral ministry at Phoenix Seminary. John came to CBC in the fall of 2013 to serve as Executive Pastor. He is married to Barbara, and they have two children, Elizabeth and Jeffrey, both currently away at college.