Date & Time:
February 28th, 2020 – March 1st, 2020Register Now
Friday, February 28 – Sunday, March 1st
Registration: $25 entry fee
Registration deadline: February 27
Location: Rooms 208 & 209
$1000 Best-In-Show cash prize will be awarded.
Opening Reception on Sunday, March 1st at 5:00 pm in Room 209. All are welcome!
Camelback Bible Church is hosting our increasingly popular fourth annual 48-Hour Create-A-Thon! From Friday, February 28 through Sunday, March 1 artists are invited to bring their supplies to campus to create an original work based on thematic material given on-site.
All final work will be on display in the Camelback Bible Church Sanctuary through mid-April.
- Friday, 6:00 pm: Arrive and receive guidelines and theme on which you will be working. Bring your supplies and get working right away or go home and collect materials.
- Friday, 6:30 pm – Midnight: Begin creating your work of art in community!
- Saturday, 7:00 am – Midnight: More creating in community!
- Saturday, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm: The general public is welcome to come view and interact with the artists. Your family and friends are welcome!
- Saturday 11:00 am – 2:00 pm: Children are also welcome to come at this time and participate in the PRODIGY ZONE.
- Sunday, 7:00 am – 4:30 pm: Finish your piece
- Sunday, 4:30 pm: Brushes down! Tidy up for the Reception to follow.
- Sunday, 5:00 pm: Opening Reception. The public is welcome and work will be juried by a prominent member of the Phoenix arts community at this time.
- Sunday, March 4, 9:00 am service. Best in Show will be announced and awarded $1,000 cash prize.
Things to know:
- All visual media is welcome including but not limited to: acrylics, water color, charcoal, pastels, drawing, etching, photography, mixed media, plein aire, sculpture, mosaic, woodwork, glass, conceptual and fibre arts.
- All levels are welcome—professional artist, enthusiast, or just getting started—aged 14 to 104.
- All artists will work together in a large space so plan accordingly when deciding on your medium.
- All work must begin from scratch Friday, February 28 at 6:30 pm and be completed in its entirety on-site at Camelback Bible by Sunday, March 1st at 4:30 pm.
- During the event, you may leave campus, but you may not take your work off-site before Sunday at 6:00 pm.
- Camelback Bible will provide the basics: 24-hour security, banquet-sized tables, chairs, access to water, electricity, restrooms, light refreshments, beverages, coffee and water.
- You must provide a drop cloth to define your space, easel, materials and everything else.
- In order for artwork to be submitted to the jurors, artists must attend the opening session and work on site for a majority of the Create-A-Thon time.
- More than one work may be completed during the Create-A-Thon (stay and work as long as you can) but only one work may be submitted for jury.
For more information on the Create-A-Thon or the arts in general, please contact us at email@example.com.