Date & Time:
February 23rd, 2018 – February 25th, 2018Register Now
Friday, February 23 – Sunday, February 25
Registration: $25 entry fee
Registration deadline: February 22
Location: Rooms 208 & 209
$1000 Best-In-Show cash prize will be awarded.
Opening Reception on Sunday, February 25 at 5:00 pm in Room 209. All are welcome!
Camelback Bible Church is hosting our increasingly popular fourth annual 48-Hour Create-A-Thon! From Friday, February 23 through Sunday, February 25 artists are invited to bring their supplies to campus to create an original work based on thematic material given on-site.
BACK AGAIN! Photo Jam Photographers Track. The Photo Jam session is an amazing opportunity to develop further in your work, whatever your skill level.
All final work will be on display in the Camelback Bible Church Sanctuary through mid-April.
- Friday, 6:00 pm: Arrive and receive guidelines and theme on which you will be working. Bring your supplies and get working right away or go home and collect materials.
- Friday, 6:30 pm – Midnight: Begin creating your work of art in community!
- Saturday, 7:00 am – Midnight: More creating in community!
- Saturday, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm: The general public is welcome to come view and interact with the artists. Your family and friends are welcome!
- Saturday 11:00 am – 2:00 pm: Children are also welcome to come at this time and participate in the PRODIGY ZONE.
- Sunday, 7:00 am – 4:30 pm: Finish your piece
- Sunday, 4:30 pm: Brushes down! Tidy up for the Reception to follow.
- Sunday, 5:00 pm: Opening Reception. The public is welcome and work will be juried by a prominent member of the Phoenix arts community at this time.
- Sunday, March 4, 9:00 am service. Best in Show will be announced and awarded $1,000 cash prize.
Things to know:
- All visual media is welcome including but not limited to: acrylics, water color, charcoal, pastels, drawing, etching, photography, mixed media, plein aire, sculpture, mosaic, woodwork, glass, conceptual and fibre arts.
- All levels are welcome—professional artist, enthusiast, or just getting started—aged 14 to 104.
- All artists will work together in a large space so plan accordingly when deciding on your medium.
- All work must begin from scratch Friday, February 23 at 6:30 pm and be completed in its entirety on-site at Camelback Bible by Sunday, February 25 at 4:30 pm.
- During the event, you may leave campus, but you may not take your work off-site before Sunday at 6:00 pm.
- Camelback Bible will provide the basics: 24-hour security, banquet-sized tables, chairs, access to water, electricity, restrooms, light refreshments, beverages, coffee and water.
- You must provide a drop cloth to define your space, easel, materials and everything else.
- In order for artwork to be submitted to the jurors, artists must attend the opening session and work on site for a majority of the Create-A-Thon time.
- More than one work may be completed during the Create-A-Thon (stay and work as long as you can) but only one work may be submitted for jury.
For more information on the Create-A-Thon or the arts in general, please contact us at email@example.com.
Photo Jam Photographers Track
We are excited to once again have the Photo Jam Photographers Track as part of this year’s event. Internationally acclaimed professor of photography, and long time Photo Jam facilitator, Donald Kouba, will be leading this track. Photographers will meet at 6:00 pm in Room 209 along with the other artists and, once the theme is given, Don will direct them as a group to their own space for further direction. The Photographer’s Track will utilize the Photo Jam method of group review and response. Each participant will project a select group of image files for comments, suggestions, technical, and visual feedback after each of the three image capture sessions that will occur within the 48 hours.
- There will be up to three rounds of individual image capture sessions as required.
- Each photographer must provide his/her own camera, w/ blank, formatted memory card.
- Any photographic approach is accepted providing its beginnings originate from work shot during the 48 hour event. All work must be original.
- Photographers will be encouraged to shoot off-site for the purpose of exploring & capturing images set to interpret the theme.
- Participants will be introduced to and use the three-step method of image editing.
- All editing and post-production techniques must be accomplished at Camelback Bible Church during the event. This will be explained in further depth on Friday night (Feb 24).
- Time will be allotted to print images, but only one can be submitted to the jurors.